Here are some FUN facts about the AZ Copper Chopper:
- Built & designed by Paul Yaffe (of Arizona) & crew
- Nearly a 10-month build
- Harley engine, bored out to 100 cubic inches - It produces 100 HP / 100 ft-lb’s – Top speed, well over 100 mph
- All the copper used was mined here in AZ
- Wheels are copper-plated solid aluminum
- All the rivets are copper filled
- Pin striping is 24kt, then acid treated to change the color
- Steel frame has special color paint
- Seat is crafted with hand-stitched and hand-tooled leather
- Harley transmission
- The Copper Chopper is equipped to shoot 30 ft. of flames out of the rear exhaust pipes
The Arizona Centennial Copper Chopper motorcycle is the official mascot of the Centennial. Organized through the nonprofit, Arizona Centennial 2012 Foundation, the AZ Copper Chopper traveled the state from October 2010 through February 12, 2012. It promoted Arizona’s 100 years of statehood, motorcycle safety, and Arizona History.
The Copper Chopper was produced by world-renowned bike-builder, Paul Yaffe, who resides and works in Arizona. Paul and his custom creations have graced the pages of more than 30 magazines in recent years, both in the United States and internationally.
The Copper Chopper and its traveling exhibit were displayed throughout the state at events such as: state and county fairs, professional and (major) college sporting events, festivals, celebrations, service and civic clubs, motorcycle aficionado rallies and other major public gatherings.
One of the unique and most exciting aspects of the AZ Copper Chopper was that everyone had the opportunity to purchase a $5 drawing ticket(s) to actually win this one of a kind motorcycle (Click here to view the Copper Chopper Drawing Official Rules)! Each month (from October 2010 to February 2012) we held a drawing and one lucky winner was chosen. Not only did they win a lovely price, but they also become one of our finalists – they were one step closer to actually winning our beautiful motorcycle.
At the Arizona Best Fest in Phoenix (February 11-12, 2012) we had all of our monthly winners on stage (17 finalists) and one lucky person won the AZ Copper Chopper! Click here to view the monthly finalists and the winner of the Centennial mascot!