Centennial Way is one of the Arizona Centennial Signature Projects and it completely transformed Washington Street (between Central and 19th Avenues) – bringing major improvements to both the streets and sidewalks.
The Arizona Centennial Commission, the Arizona Department of Transportation and the city of Phoenix worked together to make Centennial Way a reality!
These major improvements completed include:
- Widened, decorative sidewalks and defined crosswalks
- Accessibility-compliant curb ramps
- Bike lanes
- Enhanced streets and pedestrian lighting
- Benches and ‘way finding’ signage
- Shade canopies
- Displays that feature Arizona’s 15 counties
- Historical signage
- A “tribal walk” reflecting Arizona’s 22 Native American Tribe
In the end, Centennial Way has transform Washington Street into a beautiful and unofficial gateway to our State Capitol.
For more information on this project click here.